Double Dare had all the best prizes, right?
okay who tagged me in something?
Because you broke my tag.
i am jim
That’s not Jim though. It’s an shapeshifter pretending to be our intrepid captian. Season 3, episode 14, “Whom Gods Destroy,” if you’re interesting in watching the episode!
If you don’t like puns or sarcasm then we’ll probably never get along ever.
"And I think to his defense, Tolkien was writing in 1937. You know, the world is a different place today and I keep repeatedly telling people that in this day and age to put nine hours of cinema entertainment in the theaters for young girls to go and watch and not have one female character is subliminally telling them you don’t count, you’re not important and you’re not pivotal to story. And I just think that they were very brave and very right in saying we won’t do that to the young female audience who come and watch our film. And not just the young female audience but even a woman of my own age, I think it’s time that we stop making stories that are only about men especially only about heroic men and I love that they made Tauriel a hero."
Evangeline Lilly, Desolation of Smaug world premiere press conference
Whether you like Tauriel or not, I think Evangeline makes a great point about adapting Tolkien’s works to our age and how vital it is to incorporate a feminine perspective in fantasy worlds when previously that was not emphasized at all. Even still female representation in fantasy is lacking, and I think it’s great that Evangeline clearly observes the need for characters like Tauriel to round out these narratives and demonstrate that women do have a place in the fantasy genre.
He’s tripping on acid.
I tried to scroll past…
quick someone we need to neutralise it DROP THE BASE
go to vogue.co.uk and type (on your keyboard) up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A and watch what happens when you keep pressing A
#WHO DISCOVERED THIS
I’m laughing so hard right now I’m crying.
vogue is my new favorite magazine everyone go home
Hello, beautiful person ♡ once you get this, you must share five random facts about yourself, and then pass this onto your ten favourite followers ♡
Aaand this one.
- When I was reading regularly, I averaged 30-50 books a month (you could quiz me on it and I could tell you anything down to minor details. If I really liked the book, I could even open it up to the section you’re referring to fairly quickly)
- I ship pretty much everything, and even if I don’t ship it I can probably understand why you ship it
- I’m fluent in Spanish and I understand a decent amount of Portugese and some Italian (not a lot though)
- I was a soprano in choir
- When I was younger I had a pet turtle and a pet dog (half chow half pitbull)
Once you get this message you must give five random facts about yourself and then pass it onto your 10 favorite followers. \(^▽^)/
I never saw this one either
- I’ve been reading fic since i was twelve (back when we referred to them as lemons ;D)
- I don’t drink or smoke
- I’m one of those people that gets nauseous and gets headache when I smell cigarette smoke
- On that note, I have a terrible sense of smell. Don’t bother asking me “do you smell that?” because chances are I don’t.
- I started school a year early
This is the beautiful person award~ ! Once you are given this award you are supposed to paste it in the ask of eight different people who in your opinion, deserve it. If you break the chain nothing will happen, but it’s sweet to know someone thinks you’re beautiful inside and out!
Ack! I never saw this message. Thank you!